The latest application to be updated with support for AMD’s new graphics circuit family is TechPowerUp’s GPU-Z. Just like the processor equivalent CPU-Z this is a program that offers detailed information on your graphics card and GPU. With the latest update to version 0.3.5 the application can not only show detailed specifications for Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress), but also monitor voltages.
Except from Radeon HD 5870 there is also added support for many older graphics cards from NVIDIA and AMD, among others the latest model of GeForce GTX 295 and ATI’s Radeon HD 4730.
More information on the software at TechPowerUp where you can also download GPU-Z.
- ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress) fully supported (includes voltage monitoring)
- Added or improved support for NVIDIA FX5500, 9400 GT, G73, GTS 240, GT 140, FX 1800, GT 120 (Apple), FX 380, FX 350, GTX 295 Single PCB, Quadro CX, FX 5800, FX 4800, FX 3800, GTX 180M, GTX 260M, FX 2700M, G 110M, GT 120M, GT 220M, FX 1700M, G 105M, MCP79MX
- Added or improved support for ATI HD 4730, HD 4650 AGP, M92, M96, M98
- Added clock reading for Intel i910, i915, i945, 946
- Added support for DDR3 detection on G9x
- Added monitoring support for RV7xx based mobile chips
- Voltage controller ”slaves” are now called ”phases”
- Added Intel Havendale detection
- Fixed BIOS parsing on some newer HD 4870 cards
- Added voltage monitoring support for MSI N275GTX Lightning